Recipe: Vodka Penne
- 3 14oz-18oz can diced tomatoes
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, very thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup vodka
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 lb. penne
- 1 cup heavy cream
- fresh flat-leaf parsley sprigs, coarsely chopped
- In a deep sauce pan over medium heat, warm the olive oil.
- Add the sliced garlic and sauté until just starting to turn golden, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the stovetop and add the vodka. Return the pan to medium heat and cook until reduced by half.
- Add the two cans of tomatoes including the liquid, salt, black pepper and red pepper flakes and simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes when the tomatoes will begin to break down.
- Add the heavy cream and cook for antother 5 to 10 minutes until cream is fully incorported. Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat. Generously salt the boiling water, add the pasta and cook until al dente (tender but firm to the bite), 10 to 12 minutes. Drain well and add the pasta to the pan.
- Coat the pasta with the sauce, about 2 minutes. Taste and adjust the seasonings.
- Pour into a warmed large, shallow bowl. Add the parsley and toss briefly. Serve immediately.
Cooking time (duration): 30
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: Italian
Copyright © Copyright andicakes 2010.
Recipe by yumm yumm yumm.
Microformatting by hRecipe.