Recipe: Cajun Grilled Chicken Cesar Salad
- 6 boneless/skinless chicken breasts each sliced in ½ lengthwise to make 12 thin fillets
- Cayenne pepper for dusting
- Hungarian paprika for dusting
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 6 heads of romaine lettuce
- ¾ of a (16 oz) bottle of Paul Newman’s Creamy Cesar dressing
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Shaved parmesan cheese for garnish
- 1 package of garlic croutons- store bought
First wash and dry all of the romaine lettuce. Then chop the lettuce and place into a very large bowl that will hold and toss all of the lettuce at the same time. Add ¾ cup of the grated parmesan cheese and ½ of the package of croutons. Add ¾ of the 16oz creamy Cesar dressing and toss all together to combine well. Serve the salad into individual large salad bowls and garnish each bowl with the remaining croutons and grated cheese. In addition, use a vegetable peeler and shave more parmesan cheese as a garnish to the salad.
Prepare the chicken by rinsing and patting dry the chicken fillets. On a plate sprinkle both sides of the chicken using both cayenne and Hungarian pepper. Dust the fillets with the cayenne pepper and paprika but do not overcoat with the seasonings. Use 1 Tbs of olive oil and brush the seasoned breasts with the oil using a pastry brush to coat lightly and prevent sticking. In a large griddle pan heated on medium high heat place the chicken fillets on the hot griddle and work in batches. Cook the fillets for 4-8 minutes per side (depending on thickness) and serve the Cajun grilled fillets warm or slightly cooled on a platter with the salad.
Copyright © Copyright andicakes 2010.
Recipe by yumm yumm yumm.
Microformatting by hRecipe.