Ingredients for the Chicken
- 1 leek enough for 1 cup (use the white part)
- 10 oz button Mushrooms
- 3 Tbs spoon vegetable oil
- 4 chicken breast (butterfly the breast)
- 3 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 tsp of thyme chopped
- 1/2 cup dry white wine – savagion blanc preferably
- 1/8 cup chopped fresh parsley; plus 1 1/2 teaspoon
- Kitchen Twine
- 1 cup of Chicken Broth (Swanson’s 33% Low Sodium)
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 2 Tbs butter
Ingredients for Green Beans Almondine
- 1/3 cup of of sliced almonds- toasted
- 3 Tbs spoons of butter
- 2 Tbs fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbs lemon zest
- 2 lbs of green beans (cleaned & stems cut)
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1 Tbs kosher salt
1) Slice all the mushrooms and make sure they are dry.
2) Cut the Leek (use the white part discard the green stalks) Make sure to the wash the leek very well as there is sand and dirt in between the leaves. Cut to prepare 1 cup.
3) Heat a large skillet until the oil is shimmering; add the mushrooms first. Cook 8 to 11 minutes until nice and brown making sure all the moisture has evaporated.
Add another Tablespoon of oil to the pan with the mushrooms and add the Leeks and cook the leeks for 2 to 4 minutes until softened.
Add 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice, add 2 cloves of garlic-minced and stir 1 teaspoon of thyme chopped. Cook until fragrant (about 1 min) and transfer into a bowl.
4) Deglaze skillet with 1/2 cup of wine. Cook off the alcohol for about 3-4 minutes or until reduced by half and transfer cooked wine into a working bowl and reserve this for later in the recipe.
5) Butterfly the four chicken breast “open the chicken like a book” and in a large Ziplock bag place the open faced chicken breasts individually and pound each to a 1/4″ thin.
6) Trim all the chicken to be the same shape which is 8″ long by 5″ wide “Save the chicken trimmings to use with the stuffing”
7) Place the trimmings from the chicken breast into the food processor and mince. Place the minced chicken into a working bowl. (Don’t wash the food processor yet)
8 ) To prepare the suffing: Add the chopped mushrooms and leeks mixture into the food processor (pulse about 5 times) and add this mixture to the minced chicken bowl; stir to combine and season with 3/4 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon of pepper and 1/8 cup chopped parsley. This is your stuffing mixture.
9) To prepare the rolled stuffed Chicken: place each of the chicken breast with the small end facing away from you… divide equally into 1/4 and spread the “stuffing mixture” on each breast staying 3/4″ away from the wide edges (top and bottom) and a 1/4″ on the sides. Roll it up as tight as you can. With the kitchen twine (about 12″) tie the chicken rolls (in three sections) using a knot and trim the excess string.
10) Season the rolled chicken with a little salt. Over medium high heat place a tablespoon of vegetable oil in a skillet until it shimmers … place the four stuffed chicken rolls in the skillet and cook for about 2 minutes on each side (uncovered) for about a total of 8 minutes to get them nice and brown.
11) Add 1 cup of chicken broth and the reserved wine (from earlier you had set aside) to the skillet with the chicken. Bring to a boil; reduce the heat -cover and simmer for about 15 – 18 minutes.
12) When the chicken reaches- 165 degrees…remove the rolled chicken breasts from the skillet, place on a serving platter, remove the strings and cover with aluminum foil.
13) Prepare the sauce by using whatever liquid remaines in the skillet, add by whisking 1 tsp of dijon mustard. Continue to whisk and simmer to cook down for about 6 – 12 minutes. Cook down sauce until only a half cup remains and turn off the heat. Wisk in 2 Tbs of butter and 1-1/2 teaspoons of parsley and 1-1/2 of lemon juice. Pour sauce over the chicken and serve.
To Prepare Green Beans Almondine
1) Place the toasted sliced almonds in a skillet and add 3 tablespoons of butter ( you want the butter to brown a little). Add 2 Tbs of lemon juice and set aside the “almond mixture”
2) Place green beans in skillet with 1/2 cup of water add 1 Tbs of kosher salt and cover to steam for 8 to 10 minutes. After 8-10 minutes uncover and turn heat to medium high to evaporate any remaining liquid.
3) Add the almond mixture and toss. Garnish with lemon zest and serve.
Recipe adapted from America’s Test Kitchen http://www.americastestkitchen.com/
Prep & cook time (duration): 60 min
Meal type: dinner
Copyright © Copyright andicakes 2010.
Recipe by yumm yumm yumm.
Microformatting by hRecipe.