Recipe: Pork Tenderloin Medallions in Cherry & Cranberry Sauce
- 2 (2lb) pork tenderloins, sliced into 1/2-inch thick medallions
- Kosher salt
- Fresh ground black pepper
- 3 Tbs olive oil, divided
- 4 tablespoons chopped shallots
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup dried tart cranberries
- ½ cup fresh sliced cherries
- 1 Tbs maple syrup
- 1 Tbs brown sugar
- ½ tsp finely chopped rosemary
Season the pork tenderloin with kosher salt and pepper. Slice the tenderloin into ½ inch thick pieces. In a large non stick skillet heat 2 Tbs of olive oil over a medium-high heat and cook the meat until the center is just slightly pink. The cook time will be just a little under 4 minutes per side. Transfer the medallions to a serving platter and loosely cover with foil to keep warm while the sauce is being prepared.
In the same skillet add the remaining 1 Tbs of olive oil and add the chopped shallots to the pan; sauté until they begin to soften, about 1 minute. Add the chicken broth, balsamic vinegar, a pinch of salt, rosemary, the sliced cherries, dried cranberries, maple syrup and the brown sugar and cook until the liquid is reduced by half, about 5-8 minutes.
Pour the thickened sauce over the pork medallions and serve.
Diet (other): Reduced fat
Copyright © Andicakes 2010.
Recipe by yumm yumm yumm.
Microformatting by hRecipe.