- 2 large shallots minced
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/3 cup sherry vinegar
- 1 tsp Tabasco sauce
- 5 cups tomato juice
- ½ tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 8 ice cubes
- 2 garlic cloves- pushed through a garlic press
- 10 Rome tomatoes-seeded and cored- small diced
- 2 small red bell peppers- cored, seeded and small diced
- 2 small cucumbers- striped peeled, seeded and small diced
- Croutons for garnish topping- optional
- Extra virgin olive oil for garnish topping-optional
In a large bowl combine the diced and seeded: tomatoes, bell peppers, and cucumbers; add the shallots, garlic, salt vinegar, black pepper and let stand for 5 minutes to allow the vegetables to release their juices. After 5 minutes stir in the tomato juice and Tabasco sauce and add the ice cubes. Cover in plastic wrap and set in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours or up to 2 days.
Serve cold and top with croutons and extra virgin olive oil drizzle.
Recipe adapted from America’s Test Kitchen http://www.americastestkitchen.com/
Culinary tradition: Spanish
Copyright © Andicakes 2010.
Recipe by yumm yumm yumm.
Microformatting by hRecipe.