- 10 scallions, white and green parts, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 lbs ripe tomatoes, seeded, cored, diced in ½ inch cubes
- 1 seedless cucumber, halved lengthwise, seeds removed, and diced ½ inch cubes
- 1 (15 oz) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 Tbs chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1/3 cup julienned fresh basil leaves
- 1 tsp minced fresh rosemary
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 8 oz imported Greek feta cheese, ½-inch-diced
- Toasted pita bread, for serving
In a large bowl add the chopped scallions, diced tomatoes, diced cucumber, rinsed and drained chickpeas, chopped parsley, mint, basil and rosemary and using large spoons toss to combine.
In a small bowl or large measuring cup combine together the freshly squeezed lemon juice, minced garlic, salt and pepper. Using a whisk, slowing whisk in the olive oil to make an emulsion and then pour the lemon/oil mixture over the vegetables, add the cubed Greek feta cheese and toss again gently to coat and mix evenly.
Allow to sit at room temperature for 15 to 20 minutes toss again gently and serve with toasted pita chips.
Culinary tradition: Middle Eastern
Copyright © Andicakes 2010.
Recipe by yumm yumm yumm.
Microformatting by hRecipe.