Recipe: Cannolis with Chocolate Chip-Ricotta Filling
For the Chocolate Chip/Ricotta Filling:
- 2 lbs whole milk ricotta cheese, well drained
- 1 1/2 cups sifted powdered sugar
- 2 tsps purevanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups mini chocolate chips
- Store bought cannoli shells
- ½ cup chopped pistachios to decorate
First using a stand mixer beat the ricotta cheese until smooth. Next add the vanilla and slowly beat in the powdered sugar. Once combined, mix in chocolate chips until incorporated using a rubber spatula.
Transfer the filling in the refrigerator covered with plastic wrap and chill several hours.
To serve, use a plain large pastry bag to pipe the cream filling into the cannoli shells, dip the exposed cream filled end in the chopped pistachios and serve!
*Cannolis cannot be assembled in advance as the shells will become soft.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Copyright © 2011 Andicakes.
Recipe by Now you’re cooking!.
Microformatting by hRecipe.